Get excited — ItalfestMTL, formerly known as Montreal Italian Week, a popular cultural event in Montreal, is officially back in the city in August.
For its 29th year, ItalFestMTL will host a variety of different events that celebrate Italian culture from August 5-20, 2022.
Festival-goers can expect Italian-inspired music, food and art and the chance to meet Lili-Ann De Francesco, a rising star in Italian-Canadian music, who will be the door- word of the event.
ItalFestMTL is presented by Mastro and San Daniele and described as “an eco-responsible and essential festival of the Montreal summer scene” which offers a panoply of shows highlighting Italian culture in the 514.
The program is made up of concerts, an opera, a film festival, a fashion show, exhibitions, historical visits, virtual culinary capsules and storytelling activities. Oh, and they’re all free!
The festival will take place in various parks and streets of Montreal in Kirkland, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Laval, LaSalle, Saint-Léonard, Little Italy and the Quartier des spectacles. So no matter where you live in the city, you’re sure to be close to one of the many ItalFestMTL events happening.
Price: Free admission
- August 5-6: Kirkland — Broccolini parking lot; 16766 Trans-Canada Highway, Kirkland, QC
- August 6: Notre-Dame-de-Grâce — Parc Georges St-Pierre; 999 Ave. Oxford, Montreal, QC
- August 7: Laval — Parc Lausanne Parc; rue de Lausanne, Laval, QC
- August 9: LaSalle — Parc Ouellette; Serre Street, Montreal, QC
- August 10: Saint-Léonard — Parc Wilfrid-Bastien; 8255, boul. Lacordaire, Saint-Léonard, QC
- August 12-14: Little Italy — Boulevard Saint-Laurent
- August 19-20: Quartier des Spectacles (Esplanade Tranquille)