Bravissimo! — the 29th edition of ItalfestMTL, formerly known as Montreal’s Italian Week, will take place from August 5 to 20.
The the event is back in full swing with virtual and in-person activities all over the island, including Kirkland, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, LaSalle, Saint-Léonard, Little Italy and, for the first time, the Quartier des Spectacles.
During the 16 days of the festival, a long list of artists, from opera to pop, will share their love for the boot-shaped country with Montrealers. According to programyou can expect dozens of concerts, online cooking and storytelling workshops, circus shows, a baking contest, magic shows, art exhibits and much more.
Saint-Laurent Boulevard in Little Italy will become an exhibition space with activities and kiosks showcasing crafts and gastronomy from different Italian regions.
A showcase of colorful mopeds during ItalfestMTL.Marcia Loor | Courtesy of ItalfestMTL
Movie buffs can stop by outdoor cinemas in Kirkland and Dante Park to watch classics like The good life under the stars.
Attendees can also watch a fashion show of works by Italian-Canadian designers and take part in historical tours.
Note that you can buy a $5 ticket to enter the lottery and with a bit of luck you could win one of the prizes, including a Hamilton designer watch or a trip for two to Italy.
Price: Many events are free
When/Where: Neighborhoods and places around the city, including:
- August 5 to 6: Kirkland — Broccolini parking lot; 16766 Trans-Canada Highway, Kirkland, QC
- August 6: Notre-Dame-de-Grâce — Parc Georges St-Pierre; 999 Ave. Oxford, Montreal, QC
- August 9: LaSalle — Parc Ouellette; Serre Street, Montreal, QC
- August 10: Saint-Léonard — Parc Wilfrid-Bastien; 8255, boul. Lacordaire, Saint-Léonard, QC
- August 12 to 14: Little Italy — Saint-Laurent Boulevard
- August 19 to 20: Quartier des spectacles (Esplanade Tranquille)