The federal government has announced that it will host the 2022 World Cultures Festival in partnership with the Art of Living Foundation.
It was disclosed in a statement by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Sunday to commemorate the International Day of Happiness 2022 at the Happiness Center in Lagos.
The Minister revealed that the last World Festival of Cultures, held in India in 2016, attracted more than 3 million visitors.
What the minister says
Lai Mohammed revealed that the 2022 World Festival of Cultures will mark the 40th anniversary of the Art of Living Foundation, which is a voluntary, humanitarian and educational non-governmental organization.
He added that his Happiness Center in Lagos offers several stress relief and personal development programs based on breathing techniques, meditation and yoga.
- “The date and location of the event will be announced later,” he added. Alhaji Mohammed said, adding that the last edition of the World Cultural Festival was held in India in 2016 and attracted 3.5 million people.
- “I found this very impressive as it reminds me of the popular saying, ‘a healthy mind in a healthy body’, which explains the the interconnection between physical exercise, mental balance and the ability to enjoy life”, he said.
- “I salute and congratulate the owners of this centre. Their decision to establish the center is an affirmation of their desire to help ensure the overall well-being of Nigerians through a holistic approach to health that brings harmony to body, mind and soul,” he said, adding that 90% of clients at the Happiness Center are Nigerians who seek to harness the power of alternative medicine, herbal remedies, yoga, breathwork and meditation to achieve happiness. physical, emotional and mental balance of individuals.
In case you missed it
- Nairametrics reported last week that the Nigerian government announced plans to attract 1.3 million Chinese tourists a year to Nigeria through the signing of two memorandums of understanding.
- The Ministry of Information and Culture after Minister Alhaji Lai Mohammed said China has huge tourist attractions to give effect to the MoU, citing that if only 1% of China’s 130 million tourists who travel each year come to Nigeria, it will be 1.3 million tourists. , which will be a big boost for tourism in Nigeria.